Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Dinner Menu

Saturday-Sam Gyup Sal or pork belly pieces, with rice, dipped in a mixture of sesame oil, salt and pepper, with a side of kimchee. You can get a pound of sliced pork belly for under $5 at the Korean markets.

Sunday-Shrimp pasta with lemon oil. Left out the arugula (went bad in my fridge :( ), and the "zested" oil. I just added some olive oil when i added the lemon juice. It was awesome, actually and really easy.

Monday-I used my crock pot for the first time in months to make Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup. It made way more than we could eat so I froze one batch. Next time I will sub the beer for chicken stock. I used the taco seasoning mix mentioned on the website. I really like recipes where you open a few cans and dinner is waiting for you when you come home. Definitely top with sour cream and tortilla chips (and maybe some scallions?) before eating.

Tuesday-My random eat out day.

Wednesday-Korean marinated barbeque beef (that you can also get by the pound) and rice.

Thursday-Marinated Chicken thigh kebabs broiled in the oven with rice. The recipe involves soy sauce, peanut butter, and hardly any cooking time (just the cutting up and skewering of the chicken).

At some point I need to look in my freezer and figure out what else I should be making. My freezer is pretty stuffed. Enjoy these recipes!

No comments: